Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Plan To Live By

The second week of January is pretty much the time of the year when "regular" is resumed in the course of general life and regular business. This is also a time when everyone seriously begins to think about the resolutions that were made. The thinking that is frequently being considered is just what type of, and how much, wiggle room exists in these announcements, whether public or private.

For my own resolution lists, there was nothing overly enthusiastic or profound, to my thinking. In the first few days of the New Year, these goals have become a little more settled and direct. The lofty thoughts and goals that seemed nothing more than a year-end "wish list" are now actual goals in my mind, having had a little time to think and visualize about them, to pursue in the upcoming twelve months. These include, but are not limited to training for greater endurance and flexibility, becoming more defined in muscle form and shape, and adopting a more fitness oriented diet.

In actual and daily practice, this really means not letting work schedule and afternoon traffic get in the way of my getting to the gym and dojo. This also means being a lot more careful with my food shopping and eating choices. All of these mean a stricter devotion to what I have been doing over the previous year, only with far less laxness and excuses, circumstances permitting.

Well, enough talk and mere thinking. As I write this, it is Sunday night. The action plan for Monday is to weigh myself, get ready for my regular Monday evening training, and decide on a training plan to work on instead of only think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment